Tuesday, April 23, 2002

BLOGGING OFF: I'm sad to say it, but I'm sick of blogging. Not the medium itself, just my daily constitutional of right-wing media criticism that so many people are already doing as well or better than I can. It feels too much like a job, so therefore, I'm quitting. As of today, the Media Minder is offline, for good. I've got too much personal shit to deal with in my life right now, anyway. Please visit the folks on the right side of this page, though. Most of them are good, decent people.

I'd like to thank the 12,000 visitors who've stopped by since this humble operation was launched back in mid-January. A few of you have seen fit to send me some very gracious e-mails praising my work; even fewer have sent hate mail. Either way, I thank you all. And I'd especially like to thank author Jerry Bledsoe for his words of encouragement and support. The same goes for Jonathan V. Last, online editor of "The Weekly Standard." And last but not least, thank you to the inimitable James Lileks, whose simple plug became the motto of this site a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to keep this site active, because I may change my mind someday. There are still a whole lot of personal experiences in journalism that I'd like to put into writing. But for now, I'm outta here. Y'all take care. Keep fact-checking their asses.