I'M BACK ... AND I'M GONE AGAIN: Well, I've enjoyed my month-plus blogging break so much that I'm going to make it permanent.
I'm retiring from blogging.
I know, I know. I did this once before. Last spring, I got fed up with blogging and quit, but I was eventually lured back.
That's not going to happen this time.
Why am I doing this? The main reason is that I want to get involved in life again. Blogging, even on a shorter schedule, simply took up too much time in my already busy day for me to do it as well as I would like. My morning blogging constitutional began to feel too much like work, and that's never good.
That doesn't mean I've completely soured on blogging. I still think it's a wonderfully democratic new medium, and I've discovered many interesting writers. I'll be reading all my favorites every day, several times a day, so I'll still be a part of the show.
I just won't be posting anymore.
I want to thank all of you folks who have seen fit to stop by over the past year and a half, and I'd also like to thank all the people who have linked me on their blogs and corresponded with me via e-mail. I've really treasured the experience.
That is all.
So long.