THIS & THAT: It appears Bravenet got hacked yesterday. That's why they've taken down their counters, and it hopefully explains the bizarre appearance of this page. I added the Banana Counting Monkey to my permanent links, but I'm pretty sure I didn't screw anything up. I may get another counter, though.
# # #
The Amazing Techie Girlfriend and I went to see "The Mothman Prophecies" last night. It was excellent. Go see this creepy movie before it gets out of your town. It was spooky and suspenseful without having to resort to excessive gore.
# # #
I'm sure all of the blognoscenti will be linking to and discussing the "Washington Post" story about nuclear terrorism fears. It's a great story, albeit a little frightening. Here's a line that jumped out at me:
Ordinary Geiger counters, worn on belt clips and resembling pagers, have been in use by the U.S. Customs Service for years. The newer devices are called gamma ray and neutron flux detectors. Until now they were carried only by mobile Nuclear Emergency Search Teams (NEST) dispatched when extortionists claimed to have radioactive materials.
This begs the question: How often has nuclear extortion, false or otherwise, happened in the past?