Sunday, March 17, 2002

WHEW, I'M BACK: Damn, that was a long hike! But seriously, sorry for my lack of posts over the past couple of days. I've been on the road. The out-of-town trip the Amazing Techie Girlfriend and I were going to take last week ran into the kind of complications last seen in Barbra Streisand's "What's Up, Doc?" So, we went this week and had a wonderful visit. Lots and lots and lots of good food.

Anyway, I wanted to point out a couple of items really quickly. Susanna Cornett of the fine Cut on the Bias blog has a nice takedown of the latest Hotline Scoop media bias column. I commend it to your attention. Also, Jonah Goldberg gives a semi-Fisking to Johnathan Chait's recent analysis of Bernard Goldberg's "Bias." (Link found via Glenn "Tha Bloggfatha" Reynolds.) In another act of shameless self-promotion, I'm going to point out that I did a mini-takedown of Chait's piece the other week. Also, Matt Welch eviscerates the "San Francisco Chronicle" for that shoddy editorial about Paul Wolfowitz that I highlighted below. Talk about fact-checking your ass. Hoo-wee!

That's it for now. Regular posting resumes tomorrow. But I may start posting less often. This blogging thing is beginning to feel too much like work, and since I'm not getting paid for this, why waste material?