Tuesday, February 04, 2003

JUST MINDIN' THE MEDIA: I get home from work Tuesday night, and the March issue of The Atlantic is sitting in the mailbox.

That's always a pleasure, but between the covers is an even bigger one: Bloggers, bloggers everywhere!

In his lead-off "Agenda" column, Michael Kelly issues a dead-wood Fisking of that ridiculous John le Carre column about "America going mad." When he takes on le Carre's claim that debate about a possible war against Iraq has been silenced in America, Kelly mentions the following blogs and/or blog-like Web sites:

Mark Steyn, Andrew Sullivan, Mickey Kaus, John Ellis, InstaPundit, Virginia Postrel, Josh Marshall, Armed Liberal, Big Arm Woman, Bitch Pundit, Cato the Youngest, Cold Fury, CounterRevolutionary, Nikita Demosthenes, The Fat Guy, Flit, FuturePundit, Gut Rumbles, Horsefeathers, The Inde-Pundit, Pundit Watch, Rantburg, RealClearPolitics, Right Wing News, War Liberal, Dr. Weevil, PejmanPundit, The American Times, Michael Barone, Romenesko, Microcontent News, The Note, Political Wire, Slashdot, NewsMax, Rich Galen, the Volokh Conspiracy, James Lileks, GeekPress, Eve Tushnet, Max Power, Man Without Qualities, The Corner, and Junk Yard Blog.

Whew. In short, that's about half of Insty's Big List 'o' Links!

Kelly also mentions a site he spotted on Instapundit called Media Life. (Well, that's the context of the graph in which it appeared.) I can't seem to locate it on Glenn's blogroll; I'm not sure if he means Media Minded or this journal. Hmmm.

Later, in the "Primary Sources" section, the excellent Lying In Ponds gets a plug, along with an extended excerpt. (Well done there.)

I'll resist the urge to lapse into "blogger triumphalism" and just say the column is a nice bit of blog plugola from one of the nation's most respected magazines.

Besides, I'm wiped out after doing all those link thingees.